[wp-testers] Killed my blog with rev 5183

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Apr 6 00:36:37 GMT 2007

Andy Holtzmann wrote:
> why would 1and1 make a difference? I use 1and1 and it worked fine with
me.

They recently updated their PHP 4.4.2 version to 4.4.4.  That's the
default PHP interpreter.  In the process they did something that takes
out WP-Cache and all derivitive plugins.  I'm not sure what yet.  It
happened right around 12AM GMT the other night.

At least that's what the evidence appears to indicate.  Switching to PHP
5 got my site back up and running.  Simply having the caching plugins
active produces a blank site. I'll try to diagnose further later, but I
did have a 4.4.2 screen shot of PHPInfo, and now the version is 4.4.4.
So, I'm focusing on that.

I figured with the same symptoms, he might be experiencing the same
problem.