[wp-testers] Trunk rev 4215

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Sep 25 18:14:19 GMT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:53:16 -0700, "Lloyd D Budd"
<lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm wrong if I say this is only a partial replacement and not a really
>> alternative solution?
>
>The version in developer (2.1) is just that, in developer. If this
>functionality is a priority, then this is an opportunity to
>demonstrate that by contributing. Having duplicate functionality is
>not good for developing (maintenance) or for the user experience.

1) I would be happy to contribute in coding if i was able too, I'm not
but this doesn't mean I can't expose problems, doubt, criticize the
work done etc. Didn't I? I manage the Italian WP site adn i give
supports to users, so this time I'm talking from end users
perspective, i can live withour that plugin i can put some other
script there is around to backup stuff etc, but lot, tons of people
can't, don't know how, then they won't care for a different solution,
but this should cover at least the same features of previous one.

2) Exporter is not born to substitute backup plugin, so there is any
duplicate functionality till now, cause XML doesn't do the same works
backup plugin does, if and when it will be and the importer will
revert back from this backup.. all will be ok.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it