[wp-testers] Trunk rev 4215

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Mon Sep 25 09:38:26 GMT 2006

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Stefano wrote:
>> Then before to eliminate it would have been better having a real
>> alternative to it, i think lof of user use it and with wp-cron plugin
>> is a real easy way to have people do backup that in other way would be
>> missed... and removing it without a solution that cover al the
>> function tjat the plugin does it's not a good idea
>
> There is nothing stopping you from continuing to use the plugin, I just
> don't think it's appropriate to bundle with core anymore.

And apparently there is nothing stopping you from doing whatever you want.

With such a large community, especially those in the coding side, heck,
even the user side... and the way things like this always happen... I'm
amazed that you still just do things, give no reason, then don't even
reason with the users when they complain.

Once again, it comes down to something you developed, think is better
than someone else's work and you remove the third party work. In modern
day comparison, you *are* Microsoft.

Maybe they just raise kids differently in Texas, or maybe starting
Wordpress/Automattic at such a young age has clouded your judgment and
everything has been a power struggle because you lack life experience.

On a side note, I don't even use the plugin, but am confused to hell as
to why you would just removed something then give no reason as to why
and no reasoning as to why it shouldn't still be included.

This has been said over and over, and I will repeat it again for your
sake, Matt. Actions like this, and others over the past, tend to
discourage some higher profile Wordpress contributors. Numerous people
have already left, and if you keep acting this way, you'll see more
leave. As far as I know, that's not how you *build* a community. Maybe
you never got LEGOs for your birtyday.

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net