[wp-testers] Trunk rev 4215

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun Sep 24 13:27:56 GMT 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:21:58 -0400, "Doug Stewart" <zamoose at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 9/24/06, Stefano <steagl at people.it> wrote:
>> How come the last trunk deleted the wp-db-backup plugin ? Maybe a
>> mistake ?
>>

>Read the commit log - it's been a security nightmare and the new XML
>export does largely the same thing. Still need to be able to schedule
>an XML dump, though....

No way to solve the secutiry problem? It's really usefull for me cause
i backup serveral WP DB mailing them to a Google account, there is no
other way cause i can't access to cron to hosting i use (and no
chamging hosting is not an option).

The fact that XML do "quite" the same is not and answer too casue one
uyou can't schedule it actually and second it dowesn't do all the
plugin does (backing up tables that are not from WP for example)

Then before to eliminate it would have been better having a real
alternative to it, i think lof of user use it and with wp-cron plugin
is a real easy way to have people do backup that in other way would be
missed... and removing it without a solution that cover al the
function tjat the plugin does it's not a good idea

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it