[wp-testers] Pinging

Roy Schestowitz wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com
Sun Sep 17 13:06:46 GMT 2006

___/ On Sat 16 Sep 2006 22:11:04 BST, [ febwa1976 at gmail.com ] wrote : \___

>> I have both the Ping-O-Matic and Technorati RPCs (yeah I know, no need for
>> both) set up. However, Technorati says it's been approx. 200 days since my
>> last site update. I'm wondering if others have seen this, or whether I'm
>> looking at a problem with the alpha builds and something isn't working
>> properly.
>>
>> Keep on testing, folks!
>> C.
>
> I have the same problem with Technorati. Also I have a blog with 300
> visitors a day with a lower rating than a test blog with 5 visitirs per day

Hi,

Check  to  see  if  pinging  through  the  Ping-O-Matic  Web
interface  (and/or  Technorati  front end) gets  you  listed
among  recently updated blogs. There should be an  immediate
indication  of  the  last  update, with  precision  down  to
seconds/minutes.  At  least this way you'll know if  there's
some  clogup, of if the domain is frowned upon, for whatever
reason (as a loyal reader, I see no reason why this would be
the  case).  Bear in mind that the vast of pings  Technorati
receives  are  SPAM. It's only natural to expect some  false
positives from some of the best filters around.

Best wishes,

Roy