[wp-testers] categories and blogroll and posts 2.1

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Sep 13 18:09:01 GMT 2006

Austin Matzko wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
>> By the way, how many folks use Manage->Categories?  What actions do you
>> perform with it?  I personally could remove Manage->Categories entirely
>> and never miss it.
>
> It's occasionally necessary to edit category attributes, such as
> spelling and place in the hierarchy; there would be another way to do
> so, right?

The category manager isn't going anywhere.  I'm just curious how often
people have to make use of it.  I think folks who use subcats are more
likely to use it than those who use a flat hierarchy.  If we added
support for adding subcats via the "Add" box on the write post page,
would that be useful?  For example, typing "Parent/Child" will create
the proper hierarchy.

Ryan