[wp-testers] Plugin Loading Priority

Imthiaz Rafiq hmimthiaz at imthi.com
Fri Oct 20 21:58:41 GMT 2006

>This should probably be on the wp-hackers list, as it pertains to future WP
development, but I'll answer here.

Sorry I am not aware of that list. Now I have subscribed to the same.

>Plugin load order shouldn't matter for well-coded plugins.
>Plugins shouldn't be using other plugins' functions before all plugins are
loaded.
>There is the plugins_loaded hook for just this purpose:
>delaying plugin actions until all plugins have been loaded.

I accept that load order should not be a propblem with well coded plugins.
Lot of people write plugins for wordpress including myself. Sometime some
plugins take full control and never let other plugins to load. In that case
the plugin which follows that will never get a chance to register its hooks.
We cannot expect all the plugin developers to create their plugins in well
coded manner. I am one example of a bad plugin coder :-).

Thanks
Imthiaz
http://imthi.com