[wp-testers] 2.0.5 RC1 - Default category

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Oct 20 15:41:25 GMT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 7:26 AM, Stefano wrote:

>> I upgraded to 2.0.5 RC1. In post page the default category is not
>> getting selected. Any one else having the same issue.
>
> Yes is one of the changes introduced in 2.0.5, see:

And subsequently reverted.  Matt thought it was too much of a
behavior change for a point-point release (and he was right).

It's still in 2.1  There are plugins to do it in 2.0.5, if you want.

Note that if you save the entry without designating a category, the
default category will be set.  This is actually a better
implementation of "default" than having the category selected from
the start.  Default means fallback... something to use only if no
other choice has been made.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/