[wp-testers] Feedback needed regarding 2.0.5's FastCGIwp_redirect() Server 500 issue

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Thu Nov 30 13:55:14 GMT 2006

From: "Mark Jaquith" <mark.wordpress at txfx.net>
> A small number of people on specific FastCGI server setups were
> bitten by a bug in 2.0.5 that caused Server 500 error messages (or in
> some cases, other messages) to be shown on the blog's back end
> whenever wp_redirect() is called.
>
> I've put in proposed fixes for this issue into both /trunk/ and /
> branches/2.0/, but before 2.0.6 or 2.1 is released, I need to confirm
> that the issue has been fixed for the affected people.  If you know
> anyone who was bitten by this bug, please contact them and ask them
> if the current SVN versions exhibit the same problem.  Report your
> feedback here.

Mark,

As you know, the problem in 2.0.5, at least on yahoo.com, one.com,
aplus.com, and onsite.net hosts, exhibited itself immediately upon logging
into the admin panel.

Using the latest (4557) 2.0.6-alpha-1 and 2.1-alpha3, the problem seems to
be fixed on a yahoo.com hosted account that previously required line 268 in
pluggable-functions.php to be commented-out.

Thanks for the fixes.

Michael E. Hancock