[wp-testers] Giving blog drafts their own page..

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Thu Nov 23 07:12:26 GMT 2006

I llke this idea as well, especially for a busy site, but I do want
to point out a possible ramification. If you remove drafts from the
"primary" posts page, you risk even more orphans. One of the things I
constantly have to do on one of the sites I manage is go in and
delete dozens of drafts of old posts that user _think_ they've
posted, but have only clicked save. As it is, they often ask me where
their posts have gone, and that's with the list of drafts at the top
of the page.

Perhaps a separate page for drafts, coupled with a "floating" CSS
reminder of any drafts as the user enters the posting area of the
admin interface?

On Nov 23, 2006, at 3:09 AM, Evil ZEN Scientist wrote:

> Nice idea - I've got the same issue with a busy blog site - lots of
> drafts
> from lots of posters.
>
> A single page is nice; also 'drafts or posts by author' would be nice.

/david

--

david herren, shoreham, vt  us na terra solsys orionarm

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
-George W. Bush; La Crosse, WI; 10/18/2000