[wp-testers] Giving blog drafts their own page..

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Nov 23 06:51:10 GMT 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 9:47 PM, spencerp wrote:

> would there be a way to make the blog drafts more organized?

Fleshing out the draft system in WP has been on my mind for a while.
I really hate the way drafts are presented now.  Another thing that
needs work is the user-submitted posts functionality.  We've had that
hanging around since WP 1.3 and not much has happened since.  There's
the potential there to use WP as a publishing system where authors
write their own stuff but editors must approve it before publishing.
There needs to be a way of marking posts as "ready for publishing" so
that editors know to proof it.  There needs to be a cleaner way of
notifying editors that there are posts ready for proof-reading.
Plugins can fill in gaps for things like editing of author-approved
posts and e-mail notification of ready-for-proof drafts, but the core
functionality could use some work.  2.2 or beyond, though.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/