[wp-testers] When upgrading the database...

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sat Nov 11 10:02:53 GMT 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:05:32 +0100, "Tassoman (mailing)"
<ml at tassoman.com> wrote:

>Hi to all, sometimes upgrading at the last svn we need to upgrade our
>database tables.
>
>While we're in alpha debugging state, wouldn't be easier for debuggers
>to know which edits we're going to apply more than a simple "ok
>upgraded." that's good for ordinary users?
>
>Just printing the query could be fine. I'm getting crazy each time
>something breaks plugins compatibility ;_;

The upgrade stuff is managed by upgrade.php script,
upgrade_funztions.php and upgrade_schema.php

they read version.php file t get WP and DB version, in
upgrade_functions.php there is a series of if that based on DB version
launch one or more upgrade_schema functions, so it's easy to check
what query/ies are used during an upgrade without the nedd to have
them printed in alpha/beta stage and havint them hidden later.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it