[wp-testers] is_home

Conrad - Conrad_Vanl conrad_vanl at convandesign.com
Wed Nov 8 01:53:02 GMT 2006

>>On Nov 7, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Austin Matzko wrote:
>>
>> Is testing the front page with "is_home('frontpage')" in trunk?
>
> Oops.  Typo on my part.  I meant is_page('frontpage') ... that that
> assumes your desginated front page page (sigh) has a slug of "frontpage"

I was originally trying to see if there was a way to create a is_frontpage
function or even make is_home work in this case -

> One thing I noticed on the new build is that when you enable the
> static page as the home page option the is_home tag no longer works.a
> work around would be something like is_page('home') but it would be
> nice for is_home to work.

I see how it would be confusing, but it would be a lot easier than having to
either is_page('home') (home being the slug of the fontpage). Just my 2
cents.
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/