[wp-testers] is_home

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:13:39 GMT 2006

On 11/7/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> It's a little confusing at first, having to use
> is_home('frontpage'), but I think it works.

Is testing the front page with "is_home('frontpage')" in trunk?  It
doesn't seem to work for me.

What happens for me is that is_home() and is_home('frontpage') return
true only on the main blog view.  Wouldn't it make sense to keep
is_home() for the home page, and have something like is_blog_main()
for the posts?

1) get_option('home') returns the site's front page.
2) A number of themes seem to use is_home() or the home.php template
to set whether a "splash" page menu or the like should appear.