[wp-testers] is_home

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Tue Nov 7 20:47:18 GMT 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 12:48 AM, Conrad - Conrad_Vanl wrote:

> One thing I noticed on the new build is that when you enable the
> static page
> as the home page option the is_home tag no longer works.a work
> around would
> be something like is_page('home') but it would be nice for is_home
> to work.

But then you couldn't differentiate between the front page and the
main blog view.  It's a little confusing at first, having to use
is_home('frontpage'), but I think it works.  When using a page as the
front page, it's still a page.  is_home() is pretty closely
associated with the main blog view.

IMHO, of course.

The alternative is to introduce a new function like is_front() that'd
cover the site's front page no matter what is shown.  That might make
things even more confusing.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/