[wp-testers] Italian gettext translation for 2.1

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Nov 7 12:31:31 GMT 2006

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:05:55 +0100, "Tassoman (mailing)"
<ml at tassoman.com> wrote:

>Hello to all,
>	I would start a fork translation for the 2.1 svn version, coming from
>2.0.x it_IT.po already translated at wordpress-it.org

I suppose you mean wordpress-it.it :)

>Would be a good start exporting the lastest svn, then put the old .po
>file into wp-includes/language and finally trim it for new and obslete
>strings?

You are going to make a double work, as the official translation team
we at wordpress-it.it we are already generating the it_IT locale based
on the trunk version of WP (formely 2.1).

This is reguallary updated on the polyglot repository where i have the
commit privileges for the it_IT locale. You can download last version
at:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/it_IT/trunk/messages

This is alligned to latestes official .pot files for 2.1 trunk.

>There are also a lot of old miss-translated strings, and fuzzies to
>adjust.

All the discussion about missing translated text (that means that is
not gettexted in the wp files) and discussion about translating some
terms in a different way can be made on the WordPress Italy Forum, If
you wanna collaborate to the translation project you can contact me by
email, actually I care for the first translation of new strings and
keeping the translation up to date with the trunk WP version and other
take care for checking the file for typos and fo suggestion about how
to translate some termes, join us we always need people helping.

General discussion about translations are not made on this list but on
the specific list wp-polyglots
(http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-polyglots) but this
is used just for general discussion, general problem about
localization etc not for particular specific languages that are cared
bye the lolcale group as they prefere (some languages are made by one
person only).

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it