[wp-testers] visual rich editor and preference 2.1alpha3

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 18:25:01 GMT 2006

On 11/6/06, Michael B <miklb.online at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the thought/reasoning behind the missing vre tab?  That if I don't
> want the vre to be default I don't have any use for it all?

Yes, sort of. People who turn off that option are usually expressing a
very polar preference: they HATE the rich editor or they just don't
want to wait for all those extra files to load or their computer can't
handle the heavy javascript.

If somebody comes up with a way to load the rich editor as a
non-default tab and specify that the rich editor's scripts are not
loaded until its tab is activated (alleviating all of the above
reasons) we can try that out.

Andy