[wp-testers] Using Nightly Release in a Site?

Hasan Karaboga hasan at teknoseyir.com
Sun Nov 5 12:11:10 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm using 2.0.5 in my site and I have a trackback and pingback problem, I
cannot get pings from other sites or my site.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/85455?replies=12

I think the problem is caused by database, but I don't know MySQL well.
I couldn't find any solution, and don't want to lose my posts and comments.

I observe that WordPress 2.1 has post and comment export function.
(Excellent! :) )
I will upgrade my site to 2.1 alpha3, and than export the posts and comments
using that function. Then i will make fresh install (again 2.1 alpha-nightly
builds), and import the posts and comments.

I know nightly releases are not stable, but does anyone advice that?
Should I do that, and use 2.1 alpha3?

Thanks.
Hasan.

--