[wp-testers] Thumbnails not updated correctly

Ryan Scheuermann ryan at concept64.com
Sat May 20 19:20:19 GMT 2006

Hi Karl,

This is a known issue.  It's being fixed in the next version of WP, but
as a solution to your current problem...

The database stores the file path as a serialized array in the
database.  So, when you're looking through the DB values, you'll see
something like this:

"file";s:62:"/home/username/public_html/wp-content/uploads/images/plant.jpg"

That number (62) is the number of bytes/characters in the value
(/home/username/public_html/wp-content/uploads/images/plant.jpg).  So
when you change the path, you must also change the byte count preceding
it.

Try updating that and the images and thumbnails should show up.  Or you
can re-upload all your images.  The next version of WP will not store
the absolute path in an array like this.  Sorry for the trouble!  Hope
this helps!

Ryan Scheuermann

----
Concept 64, Inc. | Phone: 610.349.0703 | Web: www.concept64.com