[wp-testers] WP Caching

Roy Schestowitz wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com
Wed May 17 08:22:50 GMT 2006

___/ On Tue 16 May 2006 20:12:39 BST, [ Eric Hochberger ] wrote : \___

> On May 16, 2006, at 2:33 PM, David House wrote:

>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> I noticed that with the nightly builds, wordpress caching seems to be
>>> off.
>>
>> We turned it off, not enough return for all its troubles.
>>
>>> Well my highly successful wordpress site (yay!) is taking down
>>> my server (boo!)  I really really need to get caching back on.  The
>>> disable cache is NOT enabled.  Any ideas on how to enable?  The
>>> writable cache folder under wp-content is completely empty!   I'd
>>> really appreciate it and so would my dying server!
>>
>> Try the following line in your wp-config.php:
>>
>> define('ENABLE_CACHE', true);
>
> Hmm... if it's not worth it, what would you guys suggest I do to
> speed up my site?

If  some  particular set of pages takes the majority of the  load**,  then
consider  creating  a static page and redirecting to it all requests  from
the dynamically-generated URL. You will of course lose plenty by doing so,
but  if the load is very high on that page (e.g. thousands of requests per
day), this can make all the difference in the world.

Hope it helps,

Roy

(**)   Often   the  case  with  pages  offering  software,  bound  to   an
almost-endless trail of comments.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
  9:10am  up 19 days 16:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.68, 0.63