[wp-testers] Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Mar 20 22:54:54 GMT 2006

Dan McCullough wrote:
> Yes that was the first thing, this message seems to be generated from.
>
> wp-admin/menu.php
> if (! user_can_access_admin_page()) {
> 	die( __('You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.') );
> }
>
> if I comment out this code I am allowed in, however the navigation for
> the administration section is still not visable.

This has nothing to do with htaccess or permssions on files.  It's about
the user tables in the DB.  The only time I know of that this problem
occurs is when someones changes the db prefix.  There are various
patches being discussed for how best to address prefix changes.  If you
haven't changed the prefix, then something else is amiss in the user
tables.  If you're willing to send me a link to phpmyadmin for your site
as well as the user and pass to login, I will take a look.  Back up
beforehand. :-)

Ryan