[wp-testers] 2.0.2 Release Candidate 1

ozgreg wptesters at ozgreg.com
Wed Mar 8 02:29:33 GMT 2006

First of all, I do love your plugin Owen, it fills up a hole in WP nicely and it was the starting point to a later debug of wp to get a better understanding of caps.. :)

WPG2 Rewrites get really funky because Gallery2 has its own rewrite module plus G2 dynamically generates the image URL.  Added to the complexitity that Gallery2 lives outside of your Wordpress directory structure (or even on a different subdomain) yet you are calling the WPG2 embedded page which actually is a php wrapper that combines WP + G2 output that lives as a pretend WP Output (Page) inside the wordpress directory structure..

So on one hand I have to tell Gallery2 to dynamically generate the URL's to the WPG2 embedded page location while telling WP yes this is a page within the Wordpress directory but it is going to have links outside of the wordpress space so please leave the URL's that G2 is generating alone ;)

After wrapping your head around that if you got some ideas on how I can get all the parties to play well without 404 breaking things then please drop me a note over on the WPG2 forums ;)

As for the functions thanks for that Capt Kirk found a piece of code on plugin init() that was utilising the global $wp_roles which I know now is private

I was in other parts of the WPG2 functionality utilising the class

$userdata = new WP_User(user_id);

$userdata->has_cap()
$userdata->add_cap()

and so on which I believe is the way Ryan would like us to utilise????

WPG2 Forums (http://wpg2.ozgreg.com/forums/)