[wp-testers] 2.0.4 Alpha & 2.1 Alpha2

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:24:12 GMT 2006

Alphonse,

What you want to do is check out WordPress from their Subversion (SVN)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_%28software%29> repository.
It contains a history of all WordPress builds since version 1.5 up to
the latest 2.1 alphas.

This page <http://wordpress.org/download/svn/> contains the bare bones
information on downloading WordPress out of SVN. If you're not
familiar with SVN you might want to try some of the following links:

* <http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/archives/2005/11/03/windows-wordpress-toolbox/>
- The first few steps contain information on checking WordPress out of
a repository.
* <http://asymptomatic.net/2005/12/03/2142/how-to-patch-wordpress/> -
A similar guide but without screenshots.
* <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/> - An excellent SVN book but is mainly
limited to use with the command-line SVN client.

I'm not sure if you use Windows or not. If you do, then TortoiseSVN is
the way to go - it's available at <http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/>.
You can also find the command-line client at
<http://subversion.tigris.org/>.

You can browse the SVN repository with a web browser. The very latest
copy (i.e. 2.1 alpha) is at
<http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/>. The alpha copies of the
2.0 branch (i.e. 2.0.4 alpha) is at
<http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/branches/2.0/>.

Perhaps if you don't want to use SVN for the above two links, you
could try...*very small voice*...something like WinHTTrack.

I know this isn't all that clear - the links should be the most
helpful part of this email. If anyone else can explain this better,
please do.