[wp-testers] Request for two file changes, someone?

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 03:36:02 GMT 2006

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, like some people are [cough] david russell [/cough] (snipped from a reply email to me)...

I'm not a Wordpress developer, so I can't add your changes to the code. Your diff seems fine (although my method was simpler - changing a single digit - yours seems to work OK)

Sorry
David Russell

Well, isn't that nice David, well if it was so much simpler, then why wasn't it added *Way Back When* while tons and tons of shitty support requests for help with that shitty shift was going on?!

I admit that I'm not the Grand Master of coding/php/css and I'm sure as hell not part of the Dev team, but I AM a WordPress support forum user/member, and me and Octa spent the one day trying to come up with these fixes to help people in the forum.. (Notice the date)
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/58467?replies=20

Because then, and still is basically an issue.. until this version of the Kubrick comes out... I *know* there needs to be a version to display properly in IE7, IE6, Firefox and Opera...

Another *wonder fucking ful* email reply by David...
One other thing - your fix makes the footer skew in IE7. I know that my fix does that as well, but until we can work out a way to make it appear properly in BOTH browsers this might get left.

David

And I had the fixes for that IE7 display as well. (This is with the other fixes applied as well though, just those few there needed adjusted)
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/61234?replies=25#post-332559

Besides that, in the v2.5 of that theme, I have added some CSS codes from the header.php file, right into the style.css file... as you can see in the demo here:
http://www.vindictivebastard.net/kubrickfixed/wp-content/themes/default2.5-Fixed/style.css
http://www.vindictivebastard.net/kubrickfixed/

I know this is Michael Heilemann's "baby", and I never said, or made it *seem* like it was *mine* at all, I just adjusted the CSS codes for it to display properly in IE6 and Firefox, because at that time.... IE7 beta wasn't even out, if I remember right..

But since I noticed it was out, I came up a fix for that too.. I'm not Mr Awesome Coder and shit.... I'm just a User that tried to come up with the fixes for the "time" of need..

So what was done now, did they take some of the "Fixes" I had, added it to the default now....changed the version...and I'm supposed to just throw out all those fucking hours of working on these fixes n shit... like nothing happened? Yeah, I thought so....whatever.. atleast it's fixed...

spencerp

Jeremy: I'd better go now, anyway.
Good luck defending your dignity.

Spencer: hahaha...yeah right..
I dunno anymore man... when you try and contribute shit... it's either stolen or flushed..fuck it all!!