[wp-testers] Possible bugs in 2.1alpha2

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Jun 11 21:04:37 GMT 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Owen V. Gray wrote:

> 1. Admin password change problem
> After new install, while logged in as admin if I change admin's
> password
> the meta_value for admin's wp_capabilities has been changed to "a:0:
> {}"
> and the response to any attempt to view the admin area is: "You do not
> have sufficient permissions to access this page."

This one was my fault.  I just patched it here:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2817

Ryan just committed the fix.

> 2. "Admin" not a "Post Author" option
> Admin not is shown as an option in the "Post Author" dropdown box
> on the
> Write Post page. That dropdown box does not appear when admin is the
> only user. After an new user is added, only that user's nickname
> appears
> in the dropdown box.
>
> I notice that the added user has a "wp_user_level" entry in the
> wp_usermeta table, but admin does not. If I add such an entry for
> admin,
> admin appears as a choice in the dropdown list.

Two issues:
	- We need to make sure the wp_user_level entries are created for all
users (they're now created whenever someone else edits you)
	- We need to switch that dropdown box to use capabilities anyway

> Are these things I should enter as tickets in the Trac system?

In the future, yeah, although it certainly doesn't hurt mentioning
them here on wp-testers.  Excellent bug reports, by the way!
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/