[wp-testers] Possible bugs in 2.1alpha2

Owen V. Gray ovgray at rogers.com
Sun Jun 11 17:30:00 GMT 2006

I'm new to reporting wordpress bugs.

While testing wordpress-2006-06-10 I have noticed:

1. Admin password change problem
After new install, while logged in as admin if I change admin's password
the meta_value for admin's wp_capabilities has been changed to "a:0:{}"
and the response to any attempt to view the admin area is: "You do not
have sufficient permissions to access this page."

2. "Admin" not a "Post Author" option
Admin not is shown as an option in the "Post Author" dropdown box on the
Write Post page. That dropdown box does not appear when admin is the
only user. After an new user is added, only that user's nickname appears
in the dropdown box.

I notice that the added user has a "wp_user_level" entry in the
wp_usermeta table, but admin does not. If I add such an entry for admin,
admin appears as a choice in the dropdown list.

Are these things I should enter as tickets in the Trac system?

Owen Gray