[wp-testers] Automated Testing Tools

Roy Schestowitz wp-lowtraffic at schestowitz.com
Sun Jul 30 04:44:56 GMT 2006

Hi,  I was wondering if WordPress development ever  involves
the  use  of  automated  testing  software.  There  is  some
non-commercial  software that can easily be employed to find
bugs  early  on  (even if run by a volunteer). Here  is  one
tools     that    I    have    just    come     across     <
http://developer.spikesource.com/projects/phpsecaudit/  >. I
think  it's  important  to  make  use  of  any  tools   that
simplifies  detection  of memory leaks,  potential  security
holes, inefficiencies (unless compiled) and so forth. Manual
testing, text editors and verbose interpreters/compilers are
rarely  enough  because  there needs to  be  something  more
brute-force involved...

Just my two cents...