[wp-testers] Upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.4

Viper007Bond lists at viper007bond.com
Sun Jul 30 03:55:34 GMT 2006

You can go directly from any version of WordPress past v1.5.0 to v2.0.4.

As for that supposed security issue, it's kinda a "dur". I mean, of
course there are going to be problems if you allow users to register and
have it set to auto-promote them to an admin or something like that.
That's not an exploit, that's just stupidity.

I mean the same kinda thing goes for the people who say that WordPress
is insecure because someone could hack your sever itself and then get
into WordPress via that.

And ignore any dates on the roadmap. No one's in any hurry and any date
posted there is just a rough guideline / goal. The WordPress devs aren't
going to push a version out just to meet an arbitrary date and sacrafice
testing for that.

Comon, use some common sense. ;)

-Viper