[wp-testers] Final Beta Packages

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Sat Jul 29 14:58:52 GMT 2006

>Is this an IE javascript error?  I have yet to see IE spit out a
>useful error line/character.
Yes, and I found, last night, that IE actually supresses this error.
Maxthon, which is simply an wrapper calling IE through DDE to add
advanced features, apparently does not include the code to suppress the
error.  Maxthon IS Internet Explorer for all intents and purposes. It
only differs in how it handles the input an messages that the IE core
raises.  I'm guessing, this is one area where the IE developers ignore
something that Maxthon does not.

I would lable this a maxthon specific bug at this point and put it as a
priority of 0.1.  I'll log an issue for it, but only so it is recorded
as having occurred.  I'll still look into it, but I am not making much
progress that way.  I've been commenting the heck out of push.php, but
when I put in debug lines, the problem seems to go away.  I'm gonna see
if switching to writing the output to a log file, instead of echoing to
the screen, will help.

>> Things like that fact that the Dashboard link doesn't seem to work
any
>> more in 2.0.4...
> Do you have an index.php in your plugins directory?  That's bad
>cookies.  (Though it would equally break things in 2.0.3.)
> WP is a little loose on how it checks for plugin pages.

Brilliant Michael!  Give that man a cigar.  Earlier this week I tossed a
couple zero byte index.php files into a few directories on my server
where they were missing.  It looks like the plugins directory was one of
them.

Delete the file, and once again I can return to the Dashboard...

Someone should fix that!!!!

OK, that's my two issues with 2.0.4 eliminated.  I feel MUCH better!