[wp-testers] Wordpress 2.0.4

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Thu Jul 27 17:49:01 GMT 2006

>Yes - calling it 2.1 implies that it contains some wizzy new features
Or that a significant fix has occurred, which this was. It's hard to
conceive of a more significant fix being required in a released version.

>Calling it 2.1 is not going to make more people upgrade.
>If anything it could put people off because it implies bigger changes
>and hence more likelyhood that a plugin they are using breaks.
Alright, that's worth considering.  I still think it is more likely to get
people to look at the details of the release.

>We need to educate the users to upgrade and I need to get round to
>redoing the work on the upgrade notification messages to integrate
>the functionality provided by my plugin [1] into the core WordPress
>code in time for 2.1 so that people get clear upgrade is need
>messages in the future.
>[1] http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/wp-version-check/

Nice plugin.  I like the idea...  I'll download it later tonight and look at
it more closely...  Off hand, it sounds like it is a good feature for the
core.  I guess you'd have to be able to turn it off too. People were mad
enough about the dashboard checking in as it does now.