[wp-testers] svn 4005 killed 3 plugins

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 05:39:07 GMT 2006

Ok, here's the deal on the Get Recent Comments plugin, for 2.1 alpha2.

A friend and I spent a little while on Live Messenger tonight, trying to get this "buggy" plugin working on the 2.1 alpha2 "live" version blog.

Here's what happened..
1) Adjusted the "globals" for it all.. which ever that plugin used of course lol..

> $tableposts => $wpdb->posts
> $tableusers => $wpdb->users
> $tablecategories => $wpdb->categories
> $tablepost2cat => $wpdb->post2cat
> $tablecomments => $wpdb->comments
> $tablelink2cat => $wpdb->link2cat
> $tablelinks => $wpdb->links
> $tablelinkcategories => $wpdb->linkcategories
> $tableoptions => $wpdb->options
> $tablepostmeta => $wpdb->postmeta

Not sure if it's perfect.. but.. someone could try and see what needs done and changed. ;)

2) Tried killing the "63 validation" errors it spit out, from this site here: http://validator.aborla.net
We got it down to 14 errors now.. =) =P

3) The original 490 line, example from original:

global $tablecomments,$tableposts,$tablepost2cat;

was changed to this:

global $wpdb->comments,$wpdb->posts,$wpdb->post2cat;

But! When I uploaded the plugin to the plugins directory.. and activated it.. it spits out this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/twisteds/public_html/212/wp-content/plugins/get-recent-comments.php on line 490

We tried adding a "," and or ";" to the end of it, and same error spits out.. =/

If someone wants to take a copy of what's been done so far, feel free.. Here's a link for a copy:

http://212.vindictivebastard.net/plugin-txt/get-recent-comments.php.txt

I hope *someone* can get this fixed maybe lmao.. I know it's not a rush deal or anything.. just was calling out for some help maybe .. =)

spencerp