[wp-testers] svn 4005 killed 3 plugins

Rob Miller r at robm.me.uk
Sat Jul 8 17:37:23 GMT 2006

Scott Jarkoff wrote:
> On 7/8/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I just tried and I do not get this error if I post as logged in or not.
>> I have only me as a user though.
>
> I just tried it on another multi-user blog and received the same error.
>
> However, I tested it out on one of my test blogs and I did not get the
> error. This blog only has a  single user. So, I added a second user
> and tried to post from both the new and old accounts, and received no
> such errors.
>
> ... so now I am more confused than before.
Are you sure you don't have some kind of plugin installed that
highlights comments made by a registered user?

That query is failing because the code calling it is still using the
obsolete global table variables rather than their $wpdb->* counterparts.
AFAIK, all core code has long since been updated to no longer use them,
so it's more than likely a plugin at fault.

--
Rob Miller
http://robm.me.uk/ | http://kantian.co.uk/