[wp-testers] Can we delete this code from classes.php?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jan 31 19:44:57 GMT 2006

Aylwin Cal wrote:
> A fellow tester who's also experiencing the same problem has now submitted a
> ticket: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2360
>
> What's the next step?  Can we squeeze this in for 2.0.1?  It's just a minor
> change.

If I recall, that 200 was put it to prevent pages
  from coming up as 404 when handling requests with our internal
rewriter.  Without forcing the 200, 404 would bubble up, at least in
some environments.  So, we probably need to do something more subtle
than simply axing that code, although I'm not too keen on fiddling in an
area that could mess up permalinks right before 2.0.1 goes out.

Ryan