[wp-testers] RC1 and trackbacks

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Jan 28 10:53:43 GMT 2006

Andy Skelton wrote:
> The solution is... well, I don't have one yet. But now that you
> understand the problem, you can advise people to stop pinging their
> own blogs if they're unfortunate enough to be on PHP as CGI, or
> repeatedly save the post until all the pings and trackbacks are gone.

Okaaay... so, they install 2.0.1 and the trackback they first made in
2.0 gets sent. But they've made several. So the advice is (because I
need to get this right)
Make a post called "Test" that has a TB to (for instance) my testblog
Publish
Edit
Save
Edit
Save
and continue until all TB's are sent which they will know because the TB
will arrive at the testblog
Delete "Test"
People aren't going to like that.

Pinging their own blog - although I've always found that odd, others
like it - and now they can't use it ?

"unfortunate enough to be on PHP as CGI"
That is a turnaround - Matt has said on previous occasions that WP runs
very well in these conditions and the security it offers is good. So now
the opposite it true ?

P.