[wp-testers] WP2.0 - Is author.php unchanged?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Jan 27 01:29:01 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 18:19 +0000, owlservice wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use a customised author.php that worked flawlessly with 1.52 (see here) -
> http://www.elyonline.co.uk/archives/author/ad/ but now I have upgraded to
> WP2.0 I get this: http://www.elycity.info/author/ad/
>
> It seems that something (wp names?) in my query has changed. Pastebin of
> author.php here: http://pastebin.com/524276
>
> I guess this is the bit not working:
>
>   <?php
>   if(get_query_var('author_name')) :
>   $curauth = get_userdatabylogin(get_query_var('author_name'));
>   else :
>   $curauth = get_userdata(get_query_var('author'));
>   endif;
>   ?>
>
> Has anything in the core changed to stop this working?

That part works fine.  Later on in author.php, however, you use
user_firstname, user_lastname, and user_description.  These were changed
to first_name, last_name, and description in 2.0, but we forgot to
reatin the old names for backwards compat.  You can update to the new
variable names to get things working.  I'll fix this in 2.0.1 so that
both old and new names are available.

Ryan