[wp-testers] Too slow...

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Mon Jan 23 05:43:15 GMT 2006

Michele Neylon <michele at mneylon.com> wrote:
|  The cache manager says it's enabled, but does not list any pages as
|  being cached, however I can see pages being written to the cache
|  directory ...
|
|  I'm a bit confused by that

are you using WordPress 2.0? there seems to be a problem with WP-Cache2
as it doesn't seem to work with WordPress 2.0, though some people do
claim
that they've got it working with their WP2 installs, I've seen no
instructions on
how to do that(if something more than the current official WP2
installation
instructions is required). if you are running your own server, then you
might
benefit from memcache & WP2's own caching, you'd need to install the
memcache on your server though. there was a thread in the WP-Hackers
(I think), you might wanna do a search or ask if someone's got a link.

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter