[wp-testers] Too slow...

Michele Neylon michele at mneylon.com
Sun Jan 22 17:34:42 GMT 2006

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> (3) use wp-cache2 plugin
>
> wp-cache2 obviously helps by caching the output of pages.

Although I have this plugin installed it doesn't seem to be working
properly.. or I am missing something really obvious

The cache manager says it's enabled, but does not list any pages as
being cached, however I can see pages being written to the cache
directory ...

I'm a bit confused by that

> My custom plugin freezes the $now value, setting it to the time of  the
> most recent post... so that the posts query remains the same  until a
> new post is made, and is able to be cached by Qcache.  This  reduced the
> burden a LOT.  I also went crazy with query optimization,  getting the
> front page down to 7 queries.

That may help me :)

My server hit a load of 50 the other night when MySQL went completely
nuts, so any caching that can improve that would be very welcome

--
http://www.mneylon.com/blog
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/registry/1QOSYTRF179X2/ref=wl_em_to