[wp-testers] Re: Re: Bug? New Standard Setting? (ch0de)

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Jan 22 05:44:24 GMT 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 10:01 PM, Gregory Wild-Smith wrote:

> Well yes, but if they are replying to the digest then they can
> start a new topic about their particular concern, or reply to the
> correct reply. There's no need for them to change their reading
> behavior is my point - just their writing behavior.

Their writing behavior is linked to their reading behavior.  As
Robert D. said, unless they are subscribed to the non-digest version,
and reply to the entry, the threading will not work, and they'll
start a new topic, disrupting everyone's reading flow.  There's no
way to reply to the correct message without being subscribed to a
version of the mailing list that gives them that message in an
individual e-mail.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/