[wp-testers] Re: 2.0.1 Testing: XMLRPC, Cache, Uploads

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Jan 18 19:57:53 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 22:45 +0300, Leo Li wrote:

> Thx Ryan!!! I totally support your idea about adding an ENABLE_CACHE
> flag that forces the cache to work under the safe mode condition. I've
> suffered a lot with 50-some queries on the front page EVERY SINGLE
> TIME ppl visit it...

I'll add ENABLE_CACHE today.

50 queries seems excessive even with the persistent cache turned off.
If you can capture those queries, send them to me so I can see if I can
eliminate some queries.

> Anyways, rather than saying XMLPRC, Cache and Uploads are the main
> things, I think to allow the whole application working with safe_mode
> as fully functional as possible is more important :-)

I wish safe_mode were more functional.  In some environments, PHP runs with the UID of the script owner,
but directories are created with the UID of the web server.  When we try
to put files in these directories, safe_mode triggers and disallows
creation of the files.  Further, is_writable() doesn't take safe_mode
into account so it says the directory is writable even though it isn't.
Annoying.

Ryan