[wp-testers] Re: 2.0.1 Testing: XMLRPC, Cache, Uploads

Leo Li runzhou.li at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:45:11 GMT 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:18:43 -0800
> From: Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu>
> Subject: [wp-testers] 2.0.1 Testing: XMLRPC, Cache, Uploads
> To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com
>
> We need to put 2.0.1 through its paces.  Particular areas to focus on
> are XMLRPC, Obect Caching, and Uploads.
>
> The upload directory can now be changed in Options->Misc.  The upload
> directory must be within the WP tree.  Organizing uploads by year/month
> can be turned on/off via a checkbox.  The default values if safe_mode is
> enabled are wp-content/ for the upload directory and no month/year
> organization.  The defaults if safe_mode is off are wp-content/uploads
> for the upload dir with year/month organization turned on.  We have
> different defaults when safe_mode is on because safe_mode breaks
> directory creation in interesting ways on most hosts.
>
> All XMLRPC interfaces need to be tested.  We had to touch every XMLRPC
> function to fix some user init problems.  We especially need XMLRPC
> upload testing with ecto and other clients which support
> newMediaObject().
>
> The object cache has new flush code that should help certain
> environments during upgrades.  After running upgrade.php, look in your
> cache directory to make sure all objects have fresh timestamps.  Also,
> if safe_mode is on, the persistent cache is disabled due to the
> aforementioned problems with safe_mode.  I might add an ENABLE_CACHE
> flag that can be set in wp-config.php to force the cache to be enabled
> for those who know they have a functional safe_mode and want to use the
> cache.
>
> Go grab the latest nightly and try to break it.
>
> http://static.wordpress.org/builds/
>
> Ryan

Thx Ryan!!! I totally support your idea about adding an ENABLE_CACHE flag
that forces the cache to work under the safe mode condition. I've suffered a
lot with 50-some queries on the front page EVERY SINGLE TIME ppl visit it...

Anyways, rather than saying XMLPRC, Cache and Uploads are the main things, I
think to allow the whole application working with safe_mode as fully
functional as possible is more important :-)

--
<?php
echo "This is from Leo Li";