[wp-testers] Things that bother me in 2.0

Gregory Wild-Smith greg at twilightuniverse.com
Sun Jan 15 01:54:13 GMT 2006

There is a way, but it's slightly bizarre - and rather counter-intuitive.

The WYSIWYG editor thinks that quotes don't exist - only indents (as
that is what you see). So to indent you hit the intent button, and to
come out of the indent... you de-indent.

It makes sense from a purely visual point of view, but from a
typographic, semantic, and document structure point of view it makes no
sense.

The lack of code tags is annoying as well yes. Really the WYSIWYG editor
is still a beta version, even though an awful lot of great, wonderful,
and stressful, work has gone into it so far.

As Sean said though, the checkbox should sort all that out - it goes
back to the quicktags.

-- Gregory
www.twilightuniverse.com