[wp-testers] the_author_XXX

Stefano steagl at people.it
Fri Jan 13 11:01:53 GMT 2006

Il Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:06:15 -0500, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> scrive:

>This would be a good project for a new plugin author:
>
>* Remove the three existing fields from the profile page.
>* Replace them with a more dynamic form that allows users to specify the
>IM/comm service from a dropdown, and then provide their ID in a box.
>* Provide a fixed number of these (or start with one and create more via
>Ajax!) on the profile page.
>* Provide a set of functions for retrieving these values in the template.
>
>Sound interesting?

Yes it is...

>Sounds more like a core patch, if you ask me...

I agree with you, threse stuff or are fully implemented into WP or
fully managed via plugin, having half andhalf doens't sound good to
me. Maybe this could be a enachement for 2.1 ?

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it
Sites: http://www.40annibuttati.it
       http://www.wordpress-it.it