[wp-testers] 2.0.1-alpha update/new install

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Jan 13 08:34:14 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 23:10 -0500, Aaron Brazell wrote:

> > The upgrade should delete the cache.  It calls wp_cache_flush() a couple
> > of times.  wp_cache_flush() should remove everything in the cache dir.
> >
> > Ryan
> >

> Slight issue for those who have set DISABLE_CACHE to true. The upgrade hangs when calling wp_cache_flush() both times in upgrade.php.
>
> I have submitted the bug and the patch in 2278.

	function flush() {
		if ( !$this->cache_enabled )
			return;

		$this->rm_cache_dir();
		$this->cache = array ();
		$this->dirty_objects = array ();
		$this->non_existant_objects = array ();
		return true;
	}

If the cache isn't enabled, flush returns right away.  It's supposed to
at least.  We need to fix that if it's broken and determine why it's
hanging so that those with the cache enabled don't trip over this.

Ryan