[wp-testers] Nightly Builds/WinZip Replacement

Gregory Wild-Smith greg at twilightuniverse.com
Thu Jan 12 18:29:46 GMT 2006

Basically, to sum up: People who work mostly on windows and don't use
programs that understand tar.gz (which is basically the normal tools
people would use for compression on windows) are annoyed.

Personally I don't have this issue, as I run winRAR, and it's *not* an
issue, as its easily fixed with a free download.

This wouldn't even be thought of as an issue if WordPress's nightly
builds hadn't *previously* been available as zip files, which they were
until several months ago (so why this is turning up now, I don't know).

Perhaps some clarification from Matt/Ryan/Whomever as to why zip was
dropped would help?

-- Greg