[wp-testers] Nightly Builds/WinZip Replacement

nga nga at mac.com
Thu Jan 12 18:06:11 GMT 2006

Maybe we should go back to the progress of WP, but ... to Stefano:

sorry, not enough. if we couldn't get the regular/official wordpress
version as a ZIP i could understand the problem. but we are talking
about "nightly builds" and alpha version for testing purpose. and
there i think it's the way the developer should decide what's the
best/suitable file-format for them. i don't think we need both.

for me personally i don't care if ZIP or TAR or whatever, but if a
tar.gz is much more a lightweight/smaller i go with that format.

and i think there are tools for every platform to handle this format.

Windows:
- 7-zip: <http://www.7-zip.org/> (some mentioned it before)
- StuffIt Expander <http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html>

Linux:
- well, i don't know but I think there is from the OS within a
support for TAR.GZ

Mac OS X 10.3 and higher:
- support from the OS within, plus StuffIt Expander <http://
www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html>

but anyway, everything i wrote is more or less the same what Myriam