[wp-testers] Nightly Builds/WinZip Replacement

Drew J. Como djcomo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:01:16 GMT 2006

All,

I too have paid for my copy of Winzip.  I bought it years ago, however Nico
has provided a smooth (and free) upgrade path all the way to Version 9.
Starting the Version 10, a new key is needed.

Why doesn't someone (I will nominate myself) to send an e-mail to Nico
asking for better and more comprehensive support for .tar.gz,
.tar.bz2 and .Z files.  I'm sure that he would be willing to add better
support, providing that feedback is given.

Winzip is considered a 'consumer' app..  How many normal consumers will come
against a .Z or .bz2 file?  (Not many...)

I will post back a response from him, if one is given.

Cheers!

--
Drew J. Como
djcomo at gmail.com