[wp-testers] Another Issue with the upload mechanism

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Mon Jan 2 20:42:56 GMT 2006

> What would putting the old uploads directory back accomplish? If WP
> creates the old directory, the same problem would persist, and you've
> accomplished nothing

Well, you have a point in one sense. Even if I created the upload directory, as I did under 1.5 instead of allowing WP to do it for me, the uploaded files would still get the apache ownership.

It could be done via FTP if PHP was compiled with --enable-ftp, but that can't be assumed.

Ok, I back down.