[wp-testers] Another Issue with the upload mechanism

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Mon Jan 2 20:27:33 GMT 2006

> This is entirely a server configuration issue. PHP will write the
> files as whatever user it is running as. The recommended setup for
> servers is to use suexec or fast-cgi or some other method to run the
> webserver as the same user whose files will be hosted. Although this
> is not always the case, there is nothing that WP can and will do about
> it.

Actually, I know there is nothing PHP can do about it and I acknowledged that. However, there is something WP can do about it and that is put the old Upload style back in... which is of course what is being discussed and considered.

I also realize that suexec is a feasible option but I'd say that at least half of all PHP enabled servers do not have suexec installed. Which makes my point something that shouldn't be blown off so tritely.