[wp-testers] Another Issue with the upload mechanism

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Mon Jan 2 20:14:05 GMT 2006

As if we need more problems with the image uploading feature, it seems that images uploaded to the new directory structure cannot be copied (by default) in a backup routine. Unless a user has permissions on a server to change ownership of the image upload paths, then backup routines such as this won’t work.

tar cvf ~/path/to/backup.tar ~/docroot

Of course, it won’t work for users using basic FTP to download entire copies of their sites either.  I realize this is a limitation of PHP but it might be worth it to be aware of these problems going forward (when our first batch of users start trying to do WP 2 backups).

aaron