[wp-testers] Disappearing Posts: Not a Bug, But a Problem

Aylwin Cal aylwin.cal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 03:56:58 GMT 2006

On 2/7/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:

> But then I started to question the value of even having a default.
> In the future, we're probably going to be able to switch between the
> two on the fly (from the Write screen), so you can just let the
> individual authors switch it there (once, and have that option be
> saved).
>
> Ryan and Skeltoac +1'd it... so it's probably going to happen.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2033

Oops, I've just created a ticket too.  Feel free to ignore it, delete it or
whatever.

A few questions about the above ticket.  How exactly will it work?  When a
new user accessed the Write screen fror the first time, will there be a
popup or an option screen asking them to first choose which option they
want?  I would rather not.

My users won't even know the meaning of 'Visual Rich Editor'.  Personally, I
would prefer that the RTE is always enabled by default for new users.  It
avoids confusion for non-techies.  I think anyone who prefers not to have
the RTE enabled should have enough technical ability to locate the disable
option on the Write screen.

Aylwin